- Our goal of CyclingTips Marketplace is to connect buyers and sellers of quality used cycling goods. We provide the initial communication mechanism, but we aren’t involved in the transaction itself.
- CyclingTips will not be liable for any sales activities that originate from the Marketplace; we do try our best to provide a safe trading environment, but use your common sense.
- Communication is key; both parties are encouraged to use this approach to ensure a smooth transaction.
- Any items that do not comply with the rules below may be removed without notice.
- Be honest, truthful, and objective when describing and taking photos of your items.
- You must include pictures of your item (a landscape orientation looks MUCH better!).
- You must enter a price in the currency you want to be paid in.
- Commercial sales are not allowed.
- When a buyer makes contact you have an obligation to sell the item at the advertised price.
- Confirm that you have received funds from the buyer prior to shipping any item.
- Always send your items via registered post/courier for tracking purposes (that’s helpful for both parties).
Buying safely means being a little bit smart about it. We recommend you always inspect expensive items such as bikes, frames, and wheelsets before making a payment. Here are some things to look out for:
- The price of an item is well under the expected market value.
- If the price seems too good to be true it probably is. Email us at email@example.com so we can look into it for you.
- You try to call but find that the seller’s phone number is disconnected or incorrect.
- The seller insists on email contact only.
- You’re unable to inspect the item before making payment.
- Never use cash transfer services such as Western Union. These methods of payment are not safe because your money can’t be recovered if something goes wrong.
Terms & Conditions
By accessing or using the CyclingTips Marketplace you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions of use outlined below:
- CyclingTips does not warrant, represent, authorise or endorse the reliability or accuracy of any items published on the CyclingTips Marketplace.
- CyclingTips does not provide any warranty in relation to any goods or services advertised for sale on the CyclingTips Marketplace.
- Use of the CyclingTips Marketplace is for your personal and non-commercial use only. You must not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish or license any Material, use or attempt to use any Material published on the CyclingTips Marketplace to create any web site or publication or searchable database, or mirror or frame any web site or page within the CyclingTips Marketplace.
- If CyclingTips feels that you have acted contrary to these Terms and Conditions it reserves its rights to take any action it deems necessary.
- Whilst CyclingTips takes care to ensure that listings on the Marketplace are correct, current and free from errors, CyclingTips does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the representations. You are responsible for assessing the accuracy of any listings on the CyclingTips Marketplace and rely on it at your own risk.
- CyclingTips does not act as an agent or broker or arrange any contract between you and any person or provide any warranty in relation to any persons goods or services.
- CyclingTips will not be responsible for the terms of any transaction between you and any person or resolving any dispute between you and any person.