This documents sets out the Terms and Conditions for the CyclingTips ‘win the ultimate job’ competition.
1. By entering my competition submission I agree to allow CyclingTips to use my details in the promotion of the competition.
2. The promoter of this competition is CyclingTips (ABN 18 302 828 147), PO Box 40, Elwood, 3184 VIC, Australia.
3. By entering the competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Any instructions relating to the competition on the promoter’s website form part of these Terms and Conditions.
4. The promoter may in its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
5. Competition entries open at 12noon [AEST] on Friday 23 May, 2014 and entries close at 11.59PM [AEST] on Friday 30 May 2014.
6. Any entry received after the expiry of the competition entry period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
How to enter
To enter the competition:
– Subscribe to the CyclingTips newsletter
– Create your submission (max 250 words or a 90 sec video clip) outlining why you should win the competition
– Email your submission to email@example.com
7. You may only enter the competition once. When registering, please ensure you include your name, email address, and phone number.
8. The major prize is an Bikestyle Tours ‘Best of Tour de France’ tour to be taken between the 15-28 July, 2014
9. The winner will be selected based on the quality of submission and announced on CyclingTips on Monday 2nd June, 2014
10. Decisions of the promoter and its panel of judges are final and will be binding on each person who enters the competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
Specific terms and conditions relating to this prize:
– 2 x FOC places
– All accommodation included.
– Prize is based on a twin share rooming basis.
– Travel on any available advertised departure.
– Flights are not included
12. The promoter shall not be responsible for any additional costs associated with use of the prize. The prize winner is responsible for all costs associated with using the prize including (if applicable) travel and/or transfer costs, expenses with respect to food and beverages, travel and medical insurance costs and spending money.
13. The prize winner must be available to redeem the prize on the dates stipulated by the promoter. If the prize winner is not able to redeem the prize on that date, the promoter may determine another prize winner in its discretion.
14. No component of the prize can be transferred or redeemed for cash.
15. In the event that any of the prizes become unavailable due to circumstances beyond the promoter’s control, the promoter reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as the original prize, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation.
16. Additional prizes:
– 2x Thule Large Duffle Bags
– 2x Thule Duffle daypacks
– 2x Shimano CM-1000 Sports Cameras
– 2x Giro Atmos Helmets
– 2x pairs of Giro Empire ACC shoes
– 2x pairs of Giro Monaco gloves
– 2x pairs of Bolle 6th Sense glasses
Unless advertised differently, the prize winners will be notified by email or phone no later than Monday 2 June 2014.
16. You warrant that:
a. all details provided with your entry are true and accurate;
b. you have all necessary rights to grant the promoter the rights granted under these Terms and Conditions;
17. You agree that the promoter may use your personal details provided to the promoter for the purpose of conducting the competition. The promoter may disclose your personal information to its contractors, agents, any co-promoter and to State and Territory gaming departments, to assist in conducting this competition. Prize winners’ names may be published as set out in these Terms and Conditions. The promoter may also use your personal information for any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of the promoter.
18. If there is any event that prevents or hinders the promoter’s conduct of the competition or the promoter’s ability to deliver the prize/s to the prize winner/s, the promoter may, in its discretion, cancel the competition and recommence it at another time under the same conditions or select another winner.
19. The promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any failure of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition. The promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
20. To the full extent permitted by the law, the promoter will not be liable for any death, injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or consequential) to persons or property as a result of any person entering into the competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize or damage to any prize in transit and the prize winner’s failure to comply with the terms and conditions (if any) specified by any third party.