The Bike Lane: Heroes and Villains
Season 3, Episode 1
The Bike Lane is back after a short hiatus and we're excited to bring you our third season. While the curtain is beginning to fall on the rest of cycling around the World, Australia is just heating up and there's a buzz in the air (as well as swooping magpies). In this episode we talk about our heroes and villains of the past season as well as look ahead to what's coming up. We also take a look at disc brakes on road bikes, talk to an expert on caffeine, and last but not least, we kick off the season with a hotlap with one of the local club crit champions.
In this episode we cover the following topics:
- Our heros and villains from the 2013 pro cycling season.
- If you were a team manager, would you sign Chris Horner? (note that Europcar reportedly offered Horner €750k which he rejected.
- Wilson Kipsang recently ran a 2:03:23 marathon for a world record in Berlin. That’s 2:55 kilometer pace, or 17 seconds per 100m. Incredible. But should he suffer the same scrutiny as Chris Froome or Chris Horner?
- Caffeine: Is it good or bad for your riding? We certainly like to think it’s good on so many levels…
- The Hot Lap: SKCC Club criterium champ David Loakes goes head to head with rival CCCC club champion, Luke Parker.
- Disc Brakes. Do you want them?
Be sure to follow The Bike Lane on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
Special thanks to our new season sponsor Health.com.au, Malachi Moxon for opening his doors for us to film the show in Northside Wheelers. Also, thank you to The Sweetshop, our production partner.