In this episode we cover the following topics:
- Giro d’Italia and Tour of California:
- Does Cadel Evans still have a shot of winning over Nibali?
- Santambrogio talking about himself in the third person (note: at the time of recording “Santa” was sitting in 4th position. He’s now dropped back two 6th overall after losing more than 2 minutes on stage 16.
- How do the dynamics of the Tour de France change with Wiggins and Hesjedal pulling out of the Giro early?
- Where the hell is Matty Lloyd? We speak to him to find out.
- Is Tejay the next American Tour de France winner?
- Who were the young Aussies that stood out at the Tour of Cali?
- We don’t know much about Lawson Craddock, the 21-year-old American who shone at the Tour of Cali (8th on GC), but we’re keen to learn more from our American viewers.
- Tweet of the Week: Chris Boardman: “That was the best stage of the Giro I’ve never seen” referring to stage 14.
- Weekend Warrior presented by Champion System: The spectator in the Giro who tumbled off the side of the mountain, surely. Thanks Abdu!
- What’s on your mind? How much longer can Jens Voigt keep racing? Thanks to “Peter” for that one.
- The Hot Lap:(see the Strava segment here): Can Former St Kilda captain and Richmond coach Danny Frawley beat Tiffany Cherry’s or Shane Kelly’s time around the 950m course?
- Target Healthy Living: VIS sports dietitian discusses the need for sugar in our diets, despite all the nutrition fads out there.
- Interview with Nicki Vance: We talk to her about solutions to doping, instead of continuing to harp on the past.
- Congratulations to RIDE: It’s been 15 years and they just released their 60th issue. We think that deserves a big congratulations!
Please leave comments below or on our Cycling Tips and Facebook page and let us know What’s On Your Mind. Don’t forget we’re giving away a fantastic piece of kit from Champion System for the best Weekend Warrior nomination every week during the Giro.