This documents sets out the Terms and Conditions for the CyclingTips #WYMTM photo competition.
1. The promoter of this competition is CyclingTips (ABN 18 302 828 147), PO Box 40, Elwood, 3184 VIC, Australia.
2. By entering the competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Any instructions relating to the competition on the promoter’s website form part of these Terms and Conditions.
3. The promoter may in its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
4. Competition entries open at 12noon [AEST] on Monday 23 December and entries close at 11.59PM [AEST] on Sunday 5 January 2013. Top 100 finalists announced on Monday 6 January. Judging takes place between 12PM [AEST] Monday 6 January and finishes 11.59PM [AEST] Thursday 9 January.
5. Any entry received after the expiry of the competition entry period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
How to enter
To enter the competition:
- Upload a photo using the widget at cyclingtips.com/wymtm completing all necessary details
- Upload a photo using Instagram or Twitter and use the hashtag #wymtm.
6. While you may enter the competition more than once, you cannot win more than one prize. When registering and uploading your photo to CyclingTips, please ensure you include your name, contact phone number and email.
7. All entries become the property of the promoter and will not be returned to the entrants.
8. To be eligible for a prize your entry must only include material created by you or material which you have permission to use, including (where applicable) any words, art, music, photographs, sound recordings or footage which may be included in your entry.
9. By submitting your entry to the promoter, you grant the promoter and its licensees and assignees an exclusive licence to exercise all rights in your photo, including without limitation, the right to reproduce and communicate your entry to the public in whole or in part, on CyclingTips platforms only (we won’t do anything evil with your photo – this is just legal mumbo-jumbo).
10. You understand and agree that your entry may be edited or adapted at any time by the promoter for legal, editorial or operational reasons.
11. The prize pool is divided into 6 categories: (1) Readers choice 1st, (2) Readers choice 2nd, (3) Readers choice 3rd, (4) Readers choice 4th prize, (5) Best travel photo, (6) Best representation of #howaliveareyou.
12a.Readers choice prizes are determined by the most amount of ‘votes’ on finalist photos. Votes must be cast using a valid social media login (Facebook, Instagram, Google+). Only one vote per photo is accepted. Prizes will be awarded to 4 photos with the highest amount of votes. Any tampering with the voting process will result in automatic disqualification of the entry from the competition. In the spirit of fair competition winning entries must not be from businesses or organisations, and must come from an individual. Decisions of the promoter and its panel of judges are final and will be binding on each person who enters the competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
12b. The photos determined by the panel of judges to best represent the categories ‘Best Travel Photo’ and ‘#howaliveareyou’ will win.
12c. Decisions of the promoter and its panel of judges are final and will be binding on each person who enters the competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The total prize pool is $9,009 and consists of:
13a. First prize: Azzurri Forza Pro Ultegra 11 speed (RRP $2999)
13b. Second prize: Rails carbon fibre wheelset with November hubs (RRP $1,285)
13c. Third prize: Santini prize pack comprising of Santini B Cool Bibshorts, Santini Heat Sink Jersey, Santini Mesh Sleeveless Baselayer, Santini Mania Gloves, Santini Zest Cycling Cap, Santini Comp Socks, Santini Guard Jacket (Santini prizepack RRP $1,079)
13d. Fourth prize: BBB Prizepack comprising of: Adapt Giftbox Sunnies, Street Casual Glasses, CNC Floorpump, Scope 1300 light (independent battery), Spark light set (USB flashers), Hoseroad Mini Pump, iPhone Holder, 2x Autotank Bottles, Grip ribbon Bar tape, Racpack saddle bag (BBB prizepack RRP $1,000)
13e. Best Travel Photo prize: Cycling the Backroads of Sri Lanka tour as the prize (RRP $2,646)
Specific terms and conditions relating to this prize:
- 1 x FOC place including local bike hire, complimentary arrival and departure transfers.
- All accommodation included. 13 breakfasts and 10 lunches included.
- Prize is based on a twin share rooming basis. Single supplements can be booked at AUD550.00.
- Travel on any available advertised departure. If choosing a ‘Premium’ departure, a supplement of AUD350.00 applies.
- Flights are not included
13f. #howaliveareyou prize: Weekend hire of a Jaguar XF saloon within Australia.
Specific terms and conditions relating to this prize:
- Weekend loan – Friday to Monday
- Driver must be at least 25 and with a full licence (insurance reasons)
- Max distance car can be driven on weekend is 1,000km
- Date to take up prize must be mutually convenient with car availability. Hence Jaguar request as much notice as possible (min 4 weeks). Jaguar will do everything to satisfy chosen date, but dependent on car availability.
- Car will be picked up, and dropped back, to/from nearest Jaguar dealer
14. The promoter shall not be responsible for any additional costs associated with use of the prize. The prize winner is responsible for all costs associated with using the prize including (if applicable) travel and/or transfer costs, expenses with respect to food and beverages, travel and medical insurance costs and spending money.
15. The prize winner is responsible for any shipping or postage costs for any prize won if shipping outside of Australia.
16. If the prize is date specific (e.g. car hire / cycling holiday), the prize winner must be available to redeem the prize on the dates stipulated by the promoter. If the prize winner is not able to redeem the prize on that date, the promoter may determine another prize winner in its discretion.
17. No component of the prize can be transferred or redeemed for cash.
18. In the event that any of the prizes become unavailable due to circumstances beyond the promoter’s control, the promoter reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as the original prize, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation.
Unless advertised differently, the prize winners will be notified by phone, email and/or mail or via the platform used to submit the image entry at the end of the competition, no later than Monday 13 January 2014.
19. You warrant that:
a. all details provided with your entry are true and accurate;
b. you have all necessary rights to grant the promoter the rights granted under these Terms and Conditions;
c. use of your entry by the promoter, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, will not infringe the rights of any third parties;
and you will indemnify the promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of these warranties.
20. You acknowledge that the promoter is under no obligation to use your entry, and any reproduction and/or communication of your entry to the public by the promoter (in accordance with these Terms and Conditions) is at the complete discretion of the promoter.
21. You agree that the promoter may use your personal details provided to the promoter for the purpose of conducting the competition. The promoter may disclose your personal information to its contractors, agents, any co-promoter and to State and Territory gaming departments, to assist in conducting this competition. Prize winners’ names may be published as set out in these Terms and Conditions. The promoter may also use your personal information for any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of the promoter.
22. If there is any event that prevents or hinders the promoter’s conduct of the competition or the promoter’s ability to deliver the prize/s to the prize winner/s, the promoter may, in its discretion, cancel the competition and recommence it at another time under the same conditions or select another winner.
23. The promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any failure of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition. The promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
24. To the full extent permitted by the law, the promoter will not be liable for any death, injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or consequential) to persons or property as a result of any person entering into the competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize or damage to any prize in transit and the prize winner’s failure to comply with the terms and conditions (if any) specified by any third party.