This bike belongs to a gentleman named “Todd” (I’ll keep his full identity hidden to protect the guilty). It was hand built 12 months ago in Geelong by Darren Baum and the team at Baum Cycles. Jarred (at Baum) did the paintjob and I’m always astounded at the innovative color palets he comes up with. This one is GTA Style: Pearlescent white, black, blood orange and silver. What a beauty.
The bike weighs in at 6.6kg with pedals as we see here. This is pretty good considering it’s a Large sized frame (57cm TT) and wasn’t intended on being a Weightweenies bike. Todd tells me that functionality was the goal in mind when doing the build, not weight (Todd’s weightweenie bike is 5.6kg, so that’s the only reason I believe him).
Attention to detail is what separates this bike from others. Every part, angle and color was chosen with intent. What a beauty!
- Custom geometry Titanium – Triple butted tubes matched to my build
- Hand built in Geelong by Darren Baum and the team at Baum Cycles
- Hand Painted by Jared @ Baum Cycles
- Colors – GTA Style – 4 colors… Pearlescent white, black, blood orange and silver…
- Edge 1.0 Fork
- Tune Bobo headset
- Campagnolo Super Record 11
- 172.5mm cranks 53/39 front
- Super Record 23-11 rear
- Ciamello Gravita carbon brakes
- Deda Zero100 Servizio Course 120mm stem custom painted – GTA style
- Deda Newton Shallow bars 440mm
- Deda Super Zero Carbon seat post – de-logoed…
- Fizik Microtex – black “buffed” tape
- Fizik Arione Carbon Braided saddle
- Lightweight Standard 3 “Black Edition Special” Carbon tubulars
- Lightweight skewers – carbon/Ti
- Continental Competition Black Chili tyres
- King Ti cages in custom “blasted” finish to match the finish on the raw Ti sections on the frame
- Speedplay Zero Ti grey pedals
If you have a bike that you’d like featured in Bike of the Bunch, please get in contact. It doesn’t need to be expensive, but it does need to be interesting.