The Biggest Loser has now come to an end. Everyone did amazingly well over the past 8 weeks and I thank each and every one of these masochistic cyclists for participating.
Some interesting points from the past 8 weeks:
- Over 200,000 views of The Biggest Loser updates, photos and confessions. Over a million hits in total. It was one of the top viewed pages on the website.
- Average time on the page was 1:50 sec checking The Biggest Loser posts out. That’s over 6,000 hours of viewing time.
- Top 3 Google search terms that landed visitors to the page was “Biggest Loser”, “Weightloss for Cyclists”, and “Amy Hallihan”. Amy has acquired a few fans through this.
- We had a combined loss of 45kg! That’s 100lbs! That’s the weight of my BBQ. In fact, that’s heavier than Roberto Heras or Levi Leipheimer!
Who is the Biggest Loser???…well, it depends how we determine the winner.
If I go purely on skinfold measurements, the winner is:
1. Leigh Schilling – lost 18.75mm off his skin folds
2. Cam Lester – 11mm lost
3. Hayden Kerr – 9.5mm lost
4. Jeff Provan – 8mm lost
5. Russ Edgar – 6.5mm lost
However, there were some anomalies in the skin fold testing, so perhaps it’s not fair that we go purely on them.
SO, if we measure purely on the amount of weight lost, the winner is:
1. Cam Lester – 7.5kg lost!
2. Rob Croft – 7kg
3. Craig Johnson – 5.5kg (3kg of that was chest hair)
=4. Rob Crowe – 5kg
=4. Leigh Schilling – 5kg
5. Jeff Provan – 2.5kg
BUT, if we measure on percentage of weight lost, the winner is:
1. Cam Lester – 10.1% lost
2. Rob Croft – 8.9% lost
3. Russ Edgar – 7.4% lost
4. Craig Johnson – 7.3% lost
5. Leigh Schilling – 6% lost
6. honorable mention Rob Crowe – 5.3% lost
With the results broken down into these 3 categories, the final (and possibly disputed) winner is CAM LESTER! See below for this unbelievable transformation. Look closely and you’ll notice the close care Cam took when mowing the lawn with the clippers. I think a 0.5 kg of chest hair may have gotten Lester to the finish line first.
What did we learn from all of this? As Brad Davies eloquently put it “It’s easier to be fat”
Unfortunately these competitors could not make the final weight-out.